THE FABRIC[K] BRAND OF DESIGN
- The best way to conserve energy is to try not to use it at all. Before thinking about energy saving technology, we first employ passive design strategies - proper solar orientation, solar heating, passive cooling, natural ventilation, natural daylighting, etc. - which not only helps save the planet, it saves clients money over the life of the building.
- The most environmentally friendly building is one that's already built. When we have the opportunity we like to reuse buildings and reclaim existing materials, adapting them to new uses and spaces. We feel this is the best way to save the irreplaceable unique character of Detroit and its neighborhoods while allowing it to grow alongside contemporary forces.
- We are committed to designing buildings and spaces that help people better, more sustainable lifestyles. This means working with our clients to create long-term personal and neighborhood assets. It also means supporting local economies, sustainable transportation, access to public spaces, and equitable communities.
- Like any city, Detroit has developed its own style over the decades. Its buildings, streets, spaces, parks, and other urban materials are all organized in a way that creates a uniquely "Detroit Language". It communicates the distinct history of the city - an irreplacable trait that has both sentimental and monetary value. Before proposing any architectural solution we make sure to understand the one-of-a-kind local context of the city and its neighborhoods. Responding and fitting into this existing language is critical to a community's health and the key to merging contemporary & historical architectural ideas. It produces sustainable building assets that compliment neighborhood context and satisfy the needs of our clients
- We design buildings and spaces that are efficient and functional, but also comfortable, enjoyable and memorable. Buildings are huge investments. Why not make it one you can enjoy for decades to come.
- Finances change. Families grow. Needs get refined. It's inevitable. We design buildings and spaces that can adapt and adjust as your family, business and wealth grows.
- We believe all people, regardless of social status, should be able to benefit from the value of quality architectural design on a personal level. We offer a diverse menu of products and services for our customers and clients to choose from. From the premium cost of our custom design service to our more affordable building plan sets we have an accessible quality option for everyone.
OVERLAPS = OPPORTUNITIES
Our design process begins with a comprehensive analysis and informational discovery of all areas that effect a project: regulations, environment, context, client needs, cost & value analysis, etc. We overlap this information to tease out design opportunities. These moments of synthesis are intrumental in designing sustainable and sentimental assets for both our clients and the neighborhoods they reside in.
SKETCHING + DRAWING
Sketching is brainstorming with a pencil. It is a creative process that is often 'messy' as it's meant to explore the potential of ideas. Drawing is the act of refinement and polishing. It insures that ideas can be functional, practical, and legiable. At every phase in the development of a project, we quickly engage in the cycle of exploring then refining ideas - sketching then drawing - to produce the best proposals possible. When it's time to build we can rest knowing that we've produced a well-crafted design.